Triphala is an ancient herbal remedy with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial effects. Triphala may have various health benefits, such as improving oral and digestive health and supporting skin healing. Triphala, a well-recognized and highly efficacious polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine consisting of fruits of the plant species Emblica officinalis (Amalaki), Terminalia bellerica (Bibhitaki), and Terminalia chebula (Haritaki), is a cornerstone of gastrointestinal and rejuvenative treatment.
1. Helps in controlling diabetes: Triphala is known for helping patients with Type 2 Diabetes. The phytochemicals in bibhitaka promote insulin secretion from the pancreas thereby lowering sugar levels and improving insulin resistance.
2. Good antioxidant: Triphala is a rich source of polyphenols that can fight against free radicals. Free radicals are molecules within your body that can cause cell damage and lead to harmful illnesses if left unchecked. Rich antioxidants in Triphala reduce any oxidative stress and reduce inflammation. Triphala is high in Vitamin C and antiinflammatory properyies, so it can stimulate the production of WBC and enhance its function, it also helps in producing antibodies to fight against infection, pathogens and viruses.
3. Improves digestive health: Triphala is a good natural laxa7ve and can help you loosen your stools and improve bowel movements. It is also a good contender for dealing with IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Triphala also strengthens the digestive tract by increasing the number of good bacteria in your intestinal tract.
4. Good immunomodulator: A study published in The Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences found that Triphala helps boost your immune system as well as acts as an immunosuppressant. Regular consumption of triphala can help fight infections and help in controlling allergies due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
5. Helps improve hair and skin quality: Triphala is known to be very popular in improving hair quality in both males and females. Both consuming Triphala and applying a Triphala paste in your hair is beneficial. Since Triphala boosts digestive health, it inadvertently makes your hair strong and luscious.
6. Aids in weight loss: Consumption of Triphala powder can help you lose excess weight, especially in your abdomen and thighs. This helps maintain a healthy weight and keep high-risk diseases such as heart attacks, high blood pressure, diabetes and bad cholesterol at bay.
7. Enhances vision: It has ocular enhancing properties, which helps you enhance vision and also protects you from severe eye ailments such as cataract or glaucoma. This can be achieved by regular consumption of Triphala in any form.
One Capsule In The Morning And One Capsule At Night With Lukewarm Water Or Milk, After Meals Or As Directed By Your Physician