Withania somnifera, known commonly as ashwagandha or Indian ginseng.
Ashwagandha has been called the king of Ayurvedic herbs. Some research
suggests that it works we l l for reducing stress and anxiety. It may also modestly
enhance strength per formance, improve glucose metabolism, and increase
testosterone levels. I t ’s classified as an adaptogen, meaning that i t can help your
body manage stress.
Ashwagandha also provides numerous other benefits for your body and brain.
For example, it can boost brain function, lower blood sugar and cortisol levels,
and help fight symptoms of anxiety and depression.
B e n e f i t s :
1. The benefits of Ashwagandha are per fect for those battling stress, as it inhibits high levels of
cortisol, 'the stress hormone'. I t is in fact used in tranquilizers and antidepressants drugs, since it
helps relieve physical and mental stress and overcome depression.
2. In Ayurveda, Ashwagandha is referred to as balya, which means giving strength in conditions like
general debility. I t is known to improve energy, increase stamina and endurance.
3. The exotic herb is a promising alternative treatment for a variety of mental degenerative
diseases because it has demonstrated an ability to promote the growth of nerve cells, and protect
the brain cells from the harmful effects of the environment .
4. Ashwagandha is used as an aphrodisiac as we l l , since it supports sexual health.
5. It has been used for centuries as a general body tonic, as it makes you feel stronger and healthier.
I t is also present in Chyawanprash, the delicious and famous concoction stocked up in every Indian
6. The rejuvenating properties of Ashwagandha make it very effective in treating insomnia. I t calms
the nervous system, eases stress and gets rid of sleeplessness.
One Capsule In The Morning And One Capsule At Night With Lukewarm Water Or Milk, After Meals Or As Directed By Your Physician.